If you’re looking for a way to improve your skin and hair health, you might want to consider adding probiotic skin care products to your routine. Probiotics are live microorganisms that can benefit your body in many ways, including your skin and hair.
In this article, we’ll explain what probiotics are, how they work, and what are some of the best probiotic skin care products you can try.
What are probiotics and how do they work?
Probiotics are friendly bacteria that live in and on your body, especially in your gut and skin. They help balance your microbiome, which is the community of microorganisms that affect your health and well-being. A healthy microbiome can protect you from harmful bacteria, boost your immune system, and improve your digestion.
Probiotics can also benefit your skin and hair by:
– Acting as a protective shield by preventing bad microorganisms from provoking an immune reaction. This can create a more calming environment for your skin and reduce inflammation, redness, and irritation.
– Producing natural antibiotics called antimicrobial peptides that combat bad bacteria. This can help prevent acne outbreaks, infections, and odors.
– Restoring your skin’s pH, reducing oxidative stress, and repairing sun damage caused by UV light. This can help prevent premature aging, wrinkles, and pigmentation.
– Improving your skin’s moisture barrier, which is the outer layer of skin that prevents water loss and protects from environmental factors. This can help keep your skin hydrated, plump, and smooth.
– Enhancing your hair quality by nourishing your scalp, reducing dandruff, and promoting hair growth.
What are some of the best probiotic skin care products?
There are many types of probiotic skin care products available on the market, but not all of them are created equal. Some of them may contain live probiotics, while others may contain prebiotics or postbiotics. Prebiotics are substances that feed the probiotics, while postbiotics are substances that are produced by the probiotics.
Here are some examples of probiotic skin care products that you can try:
– Probiotic body wash: A body wash that contains probiotics can help cleanse your skin without stripping its natural oils or disrupting its microbiome. It can also help prevent body odor and infections by fighting bad bacteria.
If you have dry skin, you’ll love Luna Daily The Everywhere Wash. It’s a gentle cleanser that hydrates your skin with prebiotics, vitamins and omegas. Plus, it smells amazing and leaves your skin feeling soft and refreshed.
– Probiotic deodorant: A deodorant that contains probiotics can help neutralize the odor-causing bacteria under your arms without blocking your pores or irritating your skin. It can also help soothe and moisturize your skin with natural ingredients.
If you’re looking for a natural way to keep your underarms fresh and odor-free, you might want to try ALO Supernatural Aluminum-Free Deodorant. This deodorant contains anti-odor probiotics that help balance your skin’s microbiome and prevent bad bacteria from causing unpleasant smells.
Plus, it has a soothing blend of aloe vera, coconut oil, and shea butter that moisturizes and nourishes your skin. ALO Supernatural Aluminum-Free Deodorant is vegan, cruelty-free, and free of parabens, sulfates, and artificial fragrances. It’s a great choice for anyone who wants to smell good and feel good about their deodorant.
– Probiotic soap: A soap that contains probiotics can help gently cleanse your face and body without drying out or damaging your skin. It can also help improve your skin’s texture, tone, and clarity by removing impurities and enhancing its natural glow.
Sephora Collection Clean Skin Gel Cleanser with Prebiotics is a gentle yet effective cleanser that removes makeup, dirt, and oil without stripping the skin. It contains prebiotics that help balance the skin’s microbiome and keep it healthy. This cleanser is suitable for all skin types and leaves the skin feeling soft, refreshed, and hydrated.
– Probiotic toothpaste: A toothpaste that contains probiotics can help improve your oral health by balancing the bacteria in your mouth. It can also help prevent cavities, gum disease, bad breath, and plaque by inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria.
One example is Hyperbiotics’ Activated Charcoal Probiotic Toothpaste ($10), which contains activated charcoal, xylitol, coconut oil, and a strain of probiotic called S. salivarius K12 that support a healthy oral microbiome.
– Probiotic toner: A toner that contains probiotics can help balance your skin’s pH after cleansing and prepare it for moisturizing. It can also help calm and refresh your skin with soothing ingredients.
One example is Tula’s Pro-Glycolic 10% pH Resurfacing Gel ($34), which contains glycolic acid, turmeric root extract, blueberry extract, and a proprietary blend of probiotics that gently exfoliate, brighten, and smooth your skin.