Following Principle #1 from The Diet of the Common Sense – Start Every Day with Breakfast – start your day right with one of these fast and healthy recipes. When you are an active person that has to focus on many daily tasks, you need simple solutions to improve your health, energy and productivity. With these nutrition tips for active people, we want you to get the maximum benefits from these simple recipes! Great time saving tips for busy professionals!
It’s important to make breakfast a priority and a habit, even if that means eating the same thing every day. Associate breakfast with energy in your mind so that you will feel more committed to have a healthy breakfast in the morning, at home or for to go.
What are some breakfast options that are both healthy and fast to prepare? Here are our top 5 breakfast recommendations for active people:
1. Cereals – in different parts of the world, cereals are the most frequent breakfast option. And most of the time, a healthy one. They can be easily included in the lunch and dinner menu, when you want something easy to prepare and consistent too. You can put them in the evening to expand and in the morning they have a great consistency. Or if you like crisp cereals better, consume them as such.
Studies show they are very nutritious, keep you full, help you lose weight and are beneficial to your health. However, it’s very important to choose the right type of cereals, as the processed cereals and those loaded with sugar can actually be quite unhealthy. Instead, choose simple cereals – plain ones are the best!
You can eat cereals with milk, low-fat yogurt or vegetable milk. Add nuts and seeds, fresh or dried fruit. Try hemp seeds – a great source of vegetable proteins, bananas, almonds, pistachio. You may also add some cinnamon for an explosion of taste and flavor!
You can also eat cereals with salad (for example quinoa with salad).
2. Boiled eggs – eggs have lean proteins, however proceed with care about the quantities. Boiled eggs can be served as such (boiled), on a sandwich, scrambled, with avocado or other veggies, in a salad.
3. A healthy sandwich – whether you eat it at home or on the go, a healthy sandwich is all you need to start the day with energy. As much as we try to serve breakfast at home, sometimes we’re too rushed, especially if we’re going to the gym or like to sleep later in the morning. A sandwich can be portable and you can eat it anywhere you want.
Examples of healthy sandwiches:
- Toast/croissant with salmon and avocado.
- Toast/croissant with slices of tomato, sliced eggs, sesame seeds and salt.
- Toast/croissant with mashed avocado, your favorite vegetables and sliced eggs on top.
- Vegan breakfast sandwich – With the simple combo of kale, avocado, olive oil and almond butter, this is the perfect savory start to any day. And because the recipe is so basic, it’s easy to sub in whatever ingredients you’re feeling.
- Croissants filled with brie and strawberries – croissant, lettuce, brie cheese, strawberries.
- Croissant loaded with veggies: 2 croissants, ½ sliced avocado, ½ sliced tomato, red onion slices, 1-2 boiled eggs – sliced, salt and freshly grounded black pepper.
4. Smoothies with vegetables, fruit and nuts – are quick, flexible and sooo packed with nutrients. You can use fresh or frozen fruits and proteic vegetable powders. However, you need to be aware of the fact that some of them can be real caloric bombs, so watch out if you want to lose weight. For example, if you put a banana, several other 3-4 fruits, nuts, peanut butter, coconut oil, protein powders, although healthy – this smoothie is a calorie bomb of 700 kcal. It doesn’t mean that fruit and vegetables do not have a lot of calories. However, if you’re a sportsman whose daily calorie ratio should go up to 5,000 kcal, you can afford a 700 kcal bomb for breakfast.
5. Chia pudding – has a lot of healthy nutrients and is a source of quality vegetable proteins. Start with this basic chia pudding recipe and then experiment with your own variations – you can add honey, cinnamon or fruit for a good taste. Related to the ratio water-seeds, while a 6:1 ratio creates a gel faster, a 9:1 ratio is easier to drink immediately. You can leave the chia seeds for 10-20 minutes to absorb the water or you can prepare it the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
You may also try Robyn Youkilis Power Parfait as published in her book „Thin from Within”. Robyn Youkilis, expert in the health of the digestive system, proposed the power breakfast – Power Parfait. It can be prepared in advance for a whole week, has high fibers content, probiotics and healthy vegetable proteins that will keep you full. It’s also a meal loved by children. This recipe is a perfect vehicle for superfoods so that you can enjoy a quick healthy breakfast:
- 180 ml Greek yogurt;
- 75 g plain oats;
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds;
- 1 spoon protein powder;
- 20 ml almond milk or water;
- 75 g forrest fruit or other fruit;
- 75 g low-sugar granola.
Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix. Feel free to experiment with different fruit combinations!
Did you feel inspired by our healthy and quick breakfast recipes? We hope you will find them useful cooking tips for busy people.
Also, check our video – Breakfast of champions at a glance!
Feel free to let us know your favorite breakfast favorites! Share your ideas and bring value to the community!