Jennifer Lopez is an American actress and musician who became one of the highest-paid Latina actresses in the history of Hollywood. At 52, J.Lo looks ageless, both due to eating high quality foods and regularly working out.
In a nutshell, Jennifer Lopez has a diet that focuses on whole, fresh and organic foods, plenty of hydration, while limiting processed foods, caffeine and alcohol.
J.Lo’s diet is “clean” but not restrictive, she follows some guidelines which makes her diet sustainable on the long term.
“Throughout the years I’ve learned the importance of maintaining a healthier […] diet,” J.Lo told People. “I still eat some of the foods I love, but in moderation. I don’t deprive myself.”
J.Lo’s diet is meant to complement and fuel her intense fitness routine including abs, toning, lifting weights and dancing.
Here is what Jennifer Lopez typically eats:
• Lean animal proteins: egg whites, turkey, chicken breast, pork, grass-fed beef, fish (omega 3 fatty fish)
• Vegetables: leafy greens such as kale and spinach, and cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower
• Complex carbs: sweet potatoes, brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal, and rice bread
• Nuts and seeds: a handful of nuts a day
• Dairy: Greek yogurt
• Fruits: mostly berries such as strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
• Healthy fats: extra-virgin olive oil
• Beverages: plenty of water (shhh, this may be one of her beauty secrets!)
Jennifer Lopez focuses on food as fuel and not on restrictions.
She eats a lot of protein to promote feelings of fullness and fuel her intensive workouts and busy schedule.
Jennifer Lopez also snacks between meals (fruits, nuts and vegetables), and drinks at least 7 glasses of water daily. When she is on the go, she counts on her healthy snacks. Occasionally, she enjoys a few cheat meals. When she eats out, she chooses foods such as a salad or some fish with veggies.
Those killer abs are built on fresh, nutrient-dense foods and high quality protein which comes from organic foods. She trains for roughly an hour, four to five times a week.
J.Lo’s diet is “clean” but not restrictive, she follows some guidelines which makes it sustainable on the long term and is associated with a lower risk of certain diseases.
While her training schedule looks exhausting and her lifestyle does not seem appropriate for everyone, remember to take the principles and adapt it to your own lifestyle. Eat a “clean”, quality diet, hydrate properly and include some kind of physical activity in your daily routine.