Can you say no to these smoothie bowls with an abundance of fresh, colorful and mouth-watering ingredients? They are packed with healthy vegetable proteins that make a great breakfast option or healthy snack during the day. And another good thing is that they are so consistent that will keep you full and the natural sugar from fruit will help you resist sugar cravings. And yes, oh, they look so yummy!
However, when you see these neon-colored smoothies, they somehow look artificial and complicated… You may think they have exotic ingredients that are hard to find or added chemicals, or you’ll spend a lot of time preparing them. None of these are actually true.
You just need to put the ingredients in a blender, mix them, put the composition in a bowl and decorate it with fruit and nuts. The whole process will take about 10-15 minutes, they can be an easy breakfast or healthy snacks for busy people. If you’re not a morning person, you can prepare the mix in the evening and leave it in the fridge overnight, however, it’s best to consume it fresh to avoid losing the powerful antioxidants.
There are many colorful, mouth-watering smoothie recipes on social networks like Pinterest and Instagram where you can get inspiration from. Let’s have a look at some recipes!
- 1 banana;
- 1/3 cup pineapple chunks, fresh;
- 1/4 cup raspberries;
- 2 tbsp coconut;
- 2 tbsp Macadamia nuts;
- 1 acai berry smoothie, frozen;
- 1/4 cup milk.
A spring smoothie made with the following ingredients
- 2 tsp of blue majik;
- 1/2 cup of almond milk;
- 2 tablespoons of coconut yogurt;
- 2 frozen bananas.
Or this smoothie bowl:
- 3 frozen bananas; 2 tsp of bluemajik;
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or any plant-based milk;
- 1/4 cup of coconut yogurt;
- 1 tsp of maca powder.
- 1 cup blackberries;
- 1 cup strawberries;
- 6 cups vanilla almond milk;
- 2 tsp honey;
- 3/4 cup chia seeds.
How to get specific colors:
- yellow: blend coconut vegan yogurt with Curcuma, frozen banana, and maple syrup.
- green: blend green matcha with vegan coconut yogurt, frozen kiwi and agave syrup.
- blue: blend blue spirulina with vegan coconut yogurt and frozen blueberries.
- orange: blend vegan coconut yogurt with carrot juice, orange juice, maple syrup, and frozen dates.
- black: blend vegan coconut yogurt with activated charcoal, frozen bananas, and blueberries.
- pink: blend coconut vegan yogurt with frozen raspberries and pomegranate seeds and frozen strawberries.
- purple: mix pink and blue together.
You can get the powerful neon-like color directly from the fruit (like berries) or with 100% natural food dye.
There are also vegetable protein powders that can help you achieve the same results. Some of the most popular brands are Organifi and Terrasoul Superfoods.
Look for Dragon Fruit Powder, Pitaya Powder, Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Powder for the neon pink or violet colors, Matcha Green Tea Powder, Spirulina and Blue Majic for the blue-green color, Curcumin Powder for the yellow color or Activated Charcoal Powder for the black color. Ideally, look for organic ingredients – Amazon is a great place to start your search.
How to prepare these colorful smoothie bowls?
You only need a blender that will do the job for you. Ideally, a quality one, such as Vitamix.
Read also: Vitamix Review – High Performance Blenders
With these nutrition tips for active people, we want you to get the maximum benefits from these simple recipes. Great time-saving tips for busy professionals. Have fun while experimenting with colors and food textures!
What do you think about these colorful healthy smoothies? Share your thoughts with us!
Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Energy and Weight Loss
Get Started with Rainbow Smoothie Bowls!
Organifi Review – Plant-Based Superfood Blends
2 thoughts on “The Superfoods Fiesta: Rainbow Colored Smoothie Bowls”
OK, smoothies are and have always been a favorite of mine. Thank you so much for these smoothie recipes. They are so nutritious and I’m sure, delicious. Perfect!
I’m glad you enjoy smoothies! They are a favorite of mine too. So healthy and delicious!