Can you say no to these smoothie bowls with an abundance of fresh, colorful and mouth-watering ingredients? They are packed with vegetable proteins that make a great breakfast option or healthy snack during the day. And another good thing is that they are so consistent that will keep you full and the natural sugar from fruit will help you resist sugar cravings. And yes, oh, they look so yummy!
However, when you see these neon-colored smoothies, they somehow look artificial and complicated… You may think they have exotic ingredients that are hard to find or added chemicals, or you’ll spend a lot of time preparing them. None of these are actually true.
You just need to put the ingredients in a blender, mix them, put the composition in a bowl and decorate it with fruit and nuts. The whole process will take about 10-15 minutes, they can be an easy breakfast or healthy snacks for busy people. If you’re not a morning person, you can prepare the mix in the evening and leave it in the fridge overnight, however, it’s best to consume it fresh to avoid losing the powerful antioxidants.
There are many colorful, mouth-watering smoothie recipes on social networks like Pinterest and Instagram where you can get inspiration from. Let’s have a look at some recipes!
- 1 banana;
- 1/3 cup pineapple chunks, fresh;
- 1/4 cup raspberries;
- 2 tbsp coconut;
- 2 tbsp Macadamia nuts;
- 1 acai berry smoothie, frozen;
- 1/4 cup milk.
A spring smoothie made with the following ingredients:
- 2 tsp of blue majik;
- 1/2 cup of almond milk;
- 2 tablespoons of coconut yogurt;
- 2 frozen bananas.
This smoothie bowl:
- 3 frozen bananas; 2 tsp of bluemajik;
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or any plant-based milk;
- 1/4 cup of coconut yogurt;
- 1 tsp of maca powder.
- 1 cup blackberries;
- 1 cup strawberries;
- 6 cups vanilla almond milk;
- 2 tsp honey;
- 3/4 cup chia seeds.
How to get specific colors:
- yellow: blend coconut vegan yogurt with Curcuma, frozen banana, and maple syrup.
- green: blend green matcha with vegan coconut yogurt, frozen kiwi and agave syrup.
- blue: blend blue spirulina with vegan coconut yogurt and frozen blueberries.
- orange: blend vegan coconut yogurt with carrot juice, orange juice, maple syrup, and frozen dates.
- black: blend vegan coconut yogurt with activated charcoal, frozen bananas, and blueberries.
- pink: blend coconut vegan yogurt with frozen raspberries and pomegranate seeds and frozen strawberries.
- purple: mix pink and blue together.
You can get the powerful neon-like color directly from the fruit (like berries) or with 100% natural food dye.
Check Rainbow Superfood Powder Variety Pack (Dragon Fruit Powder, Blue Butterfly Powder, Matcha Green Tea Powder) from Amazon for natural food coloring.
Maximum Strength Organic Curcumin Powder – gives your smoothies and shakes the yellow color. It’s a powerful antioxidant that supports your body functions.
With these nutrition tips for active people, we want you to get the maximum benefits from these simple recipes. Great time-saving tips for busy professionals! Have fun while experimenting with colors and food textures!
What do you think about these colorful healthy smoothies? Share your thoughts with us!