When starting a new business or making a new career move, don’t forget about your most important asset: your health!
Starting a new company or making a new career move can be a great challenge. It’s easy to put your own needs aside when prioritizing the business goals. Without even realizing it, you can easily get caught up in the demands of a high-paced environment or business urgencies.
However, even and especially when running a hectic business, don’t forget to take care of yourself! Remember that everything in your life starts with a good health.
As original as it sounds, put self-care and “me-time” as important business goals and try to create daily mini-habits to support your busy lifestyle. Otherwise, chronic stress can lead to burnout, or worse, to a chronic disease.
On the positive side, everything is a choice. Be the CEO of your health and well-being first. Put reminders in your smartphone or calendar for „me-time” that can include anything that can contribute to your health, well-being, relaxation and happiness: healthy eating, brain foods, exercise, sleep, stress management exercises.
You are what you eat. Food is to your body like fuel is to your car. And you cannot perform like a Ferrari if you’re fueled with cheap gasoline! You need premium fuel for energy and mental performance, and of course, to stay healthy.
And the good news is that, with a diet tailored for the lives of busy people, eating healthy can be rather simple and it can be delicious too!
Here are a few quick tips:
• Apply the 80-20 principle to nutrition (80% whole, plant-based foods and 20% can be cravings).
• Start every day with breakfast – even if you need to eat the same healthy thing every day, it’s better than to skip breakfast regularly.
• Have the ideal number of 5 meals/day: 3 main meals + 2 healthy snacks.
• Make smart food choices with super foods.
• Sip water during the day – even mild dehydration can affect the brain.
• Prepare quick healthy meals at home – under 30 minutes preparation time.
• Have healthy meals delivered to your home and office, especially during your most stressful times.
The Diet of Common Sense is a common-sense approach for active people to stay healthy, improve energy and mental power. The Diet of Common Sense is:
• A nutrition guideline for modern individuals who are looking for simple and smart food choices for optimal health.
• A practical approach to nutrition for entrepreneurs, busy professionals, students and other active people.
• It’s based on a 5 STARS Principles approach simple enough to help you make the changes stick long term.
It’s a winning proposition for you, considering the needs of active, modern individuals. Over time, you are building your health capital that can keep free radicals in check (responsible for most diseases). With time and practice, it becomes… common sense.
Check out how The Diet of Common Sense can help you achieve your lifestyle goals too, even and especially in your most stressful times!
The Main Course: The Diet of Common Sense – a common-sense approach for active people to stay healthy, improve energy and mental power!
Give it a try: https://sarah-ad-summers-courses.teachable.com/courses
The Accelerator: Healthy Eating Hacks for Busy People
While The Diet of Common Sense Course is focused on healthy eating on the long-term (as a lifestyle), the Accelerator gives shortcuts and hacks for people who want faster results. It puts you on the fast lane to better health and happiness. Right from day 1!
Find out more: https://sarah-ad-summers-courses.teachable.com/courses
Along with the demands of your business, you need to make sure your health stays a priority.
And remember: if a new start-up or career is compromising on your health, it might be too expensive!